Monday, July 6, 2015

Scraping Knees

Open your eyes 
Are you aware that you're still dreaming?
I once thought I knew what I looked like
But when I look in the mirror I slip away, 
And question hours of the day,
Because words and varied sentence structures are insufficient 
In a world that meddles with parallel contingencies and dirty dishes. 
(Upon closing the shades I realized that the sky's changing hues were similar to that of complacent forlorn minds.) 

I took to the rafters and found single petals covered with dew, 
I looked into the mirror until I saw you. 
I awoke to dreaming and knew it wasn't true. 
The banks of concrete mingled snow have ranges that no one knows. 
(And everyone continues to paint the bike shed of their favorite prisms.) 
I can't say who people are but I just know I've been them,
Breathing in yellow copper tone lights and thin subnet wafers of crimson;
A bottled rhythm that beats quiet in dark days of sentient glue. 
My heart printed out a numbered photolithography just for you, with staccato fingertips tapping on the edges to to the tune of "I love you", where everything ended in question marks and the hours of the day grew. 
(Spattered liquid inkjets on mahogany spirals of wood.) 
All I wanted to do is something we never could, 
And breathe on exotic smell that remind us--
We've been there. 

I miss the days when my neck could reach upwards without feeling any dread,
I've payed too much attention to the discomforts of loving and the yearning to be dead. 
In a basin of words that ripple to the frequency of 9.5,
I stick my face in to see what I can find 
Shuddering at misinterpretation 
And all the little pieces I've left behind, wasted time, resting in your fingertips 
Swollen by lovesick heartache 
And not understanding how you could be forever mine. 
It's easier to close your eyes and watch the shapes become colors against the background of an elastic skull. 
I mean this, your narrowing precipice stretched further than the slope of a hundred aching beds
(Varying sentence structures speak more loudly that anything I could've said.)



~ Breezy 

No comments:

Post a Comment